Asset Building Surveying is in an ideal position to provide all elements of building surveying for residential and small-scale commercial building projects for compliance within Tasmania.
At Asset Building Surveying, we provide numerous services, working closely with your designer or architect and builder, throughout what can be a daunting process of building or extending your home or small-scale commercial building project.
Notifiable Building Work Permits
Many building projects no longer require Council Building Permits. Asset Building Surveying can advise whether your works are in this category and ensure your project meets compliance.
New Building Work
We work with your designer or architect to review all relevant documents to ensure compliance with the Building Act and Regulations, National Construction Code, and all referenced Australian Standards. We then produce a Certificate of Likely Compliance which allows you to apply for a Building Permit.
Existing Illegal Works
If you have been issued with a Building Notice or Building Order for illegal building works, we can guide you through the process of achieving building approval. This involves working with your designer or architect and completing a Certificate of Substantial Compliance to enable you to gain a Building Permit.
Asset Building Surveyors are responsible for:
- Reviewing building plans and supporting reports and documentation
- Gathering all necessary documentation required for approval, such as BAL report, house energy report, soil report, structural engineer certified drawings, etc.
- Submission of necessary documentation to Council
- Ensuring your builder is licenced
- Authorisation of Start Work Notice
- All mandatory inspections throughout construction of your building project
- Collection of all certificates required to enable issue of Occupancy Permit, Certificate of Final Inspection and Certificate of Building Completion
Key Service Areas
- Certificate of Likely Compliance
- Retrospective approvals for illegal building work
- Site inspections
- Occupancy and Temporary Occupancy Permits
- Building maintenance audits
- Performance solutions